Google Search Console surely can help your seo campaign. However, very few people can understand all function of Google Search Console.
Each time google update that comes out, Powerful Tools such as Google Search Console which makes our working easier through the various options and tools that come with these updates. But, with the constant output of updates comes the monotony of using the same tool over and over again – which leads to a life of copying and pasting without any REAL activities.
To help you, today’s article is about going back to the basics of Google Search Console, specifically, its Search Appearance section that holds multiple features.Without further trouble , let’s get started.
Search appearance tab of Google Search Console is very useful for our websites or applications. It has various options like structured data implementation , meta tag duplicate checks, it is important to our SEO campaign. Just click on the Search Appearance tab button on the menu bar on the left side, and review the reports and tools inside.
Structured Data of Search appearance focuses on the generation and analysis of structured data. After generating the structured data code into your website, go to
Google Search Console → Search Appearance → Structured Data to check for any errors that you probably made.
If you have get some errors, solving it will be between you, the webmaster, and the developer. Even if structured data is not a direct ranking factor and disregarding the errors will not affect your rankings, you will be giving your visitors a much better experience if you fix these errors.
Fixing your structured data means analyzing them individually. What you need to do is:
Take a look at the errors shown in your Structured Data report → Prioritize the ones that you think is crucial for your audience → Go to the Structured Data Testing Tool to help you with these errors → Contact your Devoloper and send them the detailed error report.
All you need to do is wait for the developer to fix the issues, and you are good to go.
Rich cards are one of the great ways in which you can be featured in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). Most of these include recipes, courses, movies, or jobs. If you are an SEO that works hard to have a Rich Card, then you might want to use Google Search Console for your monitoring needs; you will be able to see errors and if your Rich Cards are being indexed. You cannot create Rich Cards for all your content. The ones mentioned above are only the norm of Rich Cards, so it would be better if you opt to create Rich Cards like them. These Rich Cards use schema data to display your content in a much more engaging format, that will improve a user’s mobile experience.
- Change the Rich Card content
- Edit or update the schema data
- Remove the Rich Card Entirely
- Make a new one and see if it works
It is absolutely right that having rich snippets can increase your website CTR, so it’s a must for websites that have events, reviews, products, services to use Google Search Console’s Data Highlighter. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to Google Search Console → Search Appearance → Data Highlighter
- Click the “Start Highlighting” button
- Select which option to highlight
- Use your mouse to highlight the page’s elements, then pair them with the necessary elements
- Afterward, you will see the results in the Data Highlighter section
This tab shows you a report on the errors of your metadata. It displays errors such as duplicate titles or meta descriptions that are too long in word count. Basically, it shows you a preview of how Google views your page.
This helps you to identify errors on your pages, and here’s how to fix them:
- Duplicate Meta Descriptions: You have to review the pages that are included in the report to see if they really have the same description. You might even find out that some of your pages are getting indexed twice because of issues with your URL parameters or some of your pages are without pagination.
- Length of Meta Descriptions and Title Tag: Obviously, you have to manually revise or update your meta descriptions and title tags if they are too long or too short. Remember that the recommended length for meta descriptions is 120-150 characters and a maximum of 70 characters for title tags.
- Missing Description or Title: You might have overlooked incorporating a title or description for some of your pages, so just add them.
Once you’ve done some changes to your website, use the Fetch as Google feature to see if Google is acknowledging the changes you’ve made.
Accelerated Mobile Pages
One of the most convenient ranking factors is the AMP or the Accelerated Mobile Pages in which you could enjoy a variety of mobile search engine result benefits which could be done through one simple strategy or tactic.
From decreasing the page load time to improving server performance, all of this should be included in your AMP strategy. Additionally, the best way to assess and monitor the results of your strategy is through Google Search Consoles’ Accelerated Mobile Pages feature. You can use this feature to:
- Check your mobile site’s templating
- Check the implementation of your AMP
- Use their AMP test tool to check if some changes make significant improvement over the old version
- If you are using Rich Cards, you will be able to see if there are errors in your AMP pages
Search Appearence as Coverage
In new look of Google Search Console we can check how much our website covering over google search result.
In above picture it clearly shows that we check various attribute in coverage like:
- Valid with warnings
Google Search Console’s Search Appearance tab is a great help for SEOs especially when it comes to the technical aspect of their SEO strategy. Learning all of its features will take some time, but will be of great assistance in the long run.