Every Website needs an SEO and it can’t be avoided. And when using wordpress,Wordpress Yoast Seo is most popular plugin for SEO.
So, Today we will be providing you a guide on usage of Yoast SEO from Biginner’s Prospective.
Yoast SEO for Beginner’s
Here We will try to explain everything that you need to know, if you’re new to Yoast SEO. You’ll learn:
Using The Yoast SEO Configuration Wizard
After Yoast SEO Plugin is installed, you need to click on the new SEO tab in your WordPress dashboard. Now you need to click configuration wizard on First-time SEO configuration.
On clicking configuration wizard link, Yoast SEO guide will help you in setting up basic SEO settings:
- In Guide opened click Configure Yoast SEO.
- In the Environment section, Select Option A ,if you’re not in development stage:
- In Site type section, Select option that best matches your website:
- Select for whom your website represents a company or person.
On Selecting Company, you’ll be asked to also enter:
- Company’s Name
- Company’s Logo
On Selecting Person, you’ll be asked for name.
- In Social profiles section, enter your social media profiles of your website. This helps Yoast SEO to provide extra details to Google.
When creating a website for a company, this will act as company’s social media profiles.
- In Search engine visibility section, select whether options will be indexed on search engines or not.
- In Multiple authors section, Select the correct option as it will help Google search results.
- Google Search Console allows you to view information about how your site performs Google organic search. If you’re already using Google Search Console, you can allow Yoast SEO to import information by clicking the Get Google Authorization Code and entering the code here.
- Your Title is the main headline that appears in Google search results
By default, Yoast SEO makes your title:
Post Name *Separator* Website Name
- You can skip sections 10 and 11 by clicking on NEXT, in Yoast SEO Configuration.
- In section 12 – Success! Message will be displayed And then click Close:
The Yoast SEO Meta Box
You will be interacting with on the Yoast SEO meta box at the bottom of Page, whenever you will work on New Post.
The meta box helps you by:
- Analyzing your content for its SEO quality and readability
- Letting you configure settings for how your content functions in Google and social media
Yoast SEO Analysis Tab
In the SEO Analysis zone, you can enter a Focus keyword to optimize your content i.e keyword that people are searching for.
Analysis tab will show the content that needs to be improved and content that is good.
You can also click the Edit snippet to manually edit your content’s SEO Title and Meta description.
Yoast SEO Social Media Tab
In Social tab section, you can manually configure how your content will look when shared on Facebook or Twitter:
Yoast SEO Advanced Tab
In Advanced tab, you can add fallowing settings:
- Stop Google from indexing this specific content
- Specify a canonical URL to avoid duplicate content
The Yoast SEO Dashboard
On main page, Yoast SEO will notify you if there is any SEO issues in Problem Section. It will also provide instructions to fix the issue.
The Features tab, you can enable or disable specific features of Yoast SEO.
For example, if you don’t want the Readability analysis in the Yoast SEO meta box, you can Disable it here:
Company info Tab
In the Company info tab, you can modify company details.
Webmaster tools Tab
In Webmaster tools tab, Yoast SEO help’s you verify your site with various search engine’s tools:
In the Security tab, you can choose who has access to the Advanced area in the Yoast SEO meta box. By default, only Administrators have access:
So, that’s all from Beginner’s point of view. We will be posting Advance Section of Yoast SEO in our next Blog.
If this Post was help full do like and Share this Post. Thanks.