Replace your all Symantec brands (Symantec, GeoTrust, Thawte and RapidSSL) SSL/TLS certificates
Symantec and its owned subsidiaries including GeoTrust, RapidSSL & Thawte SSL certificates issued before June 1, 2016, will no longer be trusted by Google Chrome (66) post 17th Apr,2018.
Since, Google Chrome has a majority of the browser market, its proposed distrust of Symantec certificates in the Chrome browser may potentially affect Chrome user traffic on your web sites. If you haven’t re-issued your Symantec,GeoTrust, RapidSSL & Thawte issued SSL then we recommend that you replace these certificates.To verify your website SSL certificate Details and Validity
To verify your website’s SSL certificate Details and Validity
Here’s what you should do if your website uses a Symantec ,GeoTrust, RapidSSL & Thawte SSL Certificate-
|Case||Issued||Expires||Begin to Replace||Complete Replacement by|
|1||Before June 1, 2016||Before March 15, 2018||N/A – no action required||N/A – no action required|
|2||Before June 1, 2016||On or between March 15, 2018 and September 12, 2018||Any time||March 15, 2018|
|3||Before June 1, 2016||On or after September 13, 2018||December 1, 2017||March 15, 2018|
|4||On or after June 1, 2016||On or after September 13, 2018||December 1, 2017||September 13, 2018|
Steps to Replace Your Symantec (and Subsidiary CAS) SSL/TLS Certificates. This instruction outlines the certificate replacement steps. For more details, see the references listed at the end.
- Sign in to your existing Symantec, Thawte, GeoTrust, or RapidSSL account.
- Find the certificate(s) you need to replace.
- Create a CSR (certificate signing request).
- Select the replace/reissue certificate option.
- Submit your replacement/reissue request.
- As soon as your issuer has revalidated/re-authenticated your domains and organizations (as required for the certificate type), they will reissue your replacement certificate.
- Install your SSL/TLS certificate.
Get our fully compliant SSL Certificates to get rid of these worries.