WordPress plugins provide flexibility to your website. Here in this post we will present some of the basic plugins that every website should have.
Mainly Website Plugins depends on website requirement, but there some plugins that every website needs like that for seo, speed, secuirty etc.
There are thousand of plugins present in the official plugin repository.Even there are multiple plugins present for each feature, we just need to choose the best one.
Below are the some of the free plugins that you can use in your website.
It is an anti-spam plugin that automatically checks your comments and filters the spam comments. All comments will have a status history for users to view comments that were flagged or cleared by Akismet.
Yoast SEO is an best plugin which guides you to create better content and improve your ranking on search results.It includes a snippet editor, images titles, meta descriptions, real time page analysis functionality that helps you optimize your pages content, and many more option to optimize.
Wordfence keeps your site secure from the hackers.It is an open source plugin but a Premium version is also available.
Some of WordFence features are:
- Web Application Firewall;
- Threat Defense Feed;
- Block common WordPress security threats.
- See all your traffic in real-time, including robots, humans, 404 errors, logins and logouts;
- A real-time view of all traffic including automated bots;
- Real-time traffic that includes reverse DNS and city-level geolocation;
- Real-time blocking of known attackers;
- Block entire malicious networks;
- Rate limit or block WordPress security threats.
- Sign-in using your password and your cell phone to vastly improve login security;
- Enforce strong passwords among administrators, publishers, and users which improves login security;
- Login security to lock out brute force hacks;
- Scans core files, themes and plugins against WordPress.org repository versions to check their integrity;
- Scans for many known backdoors that create security holes such as R57, RootShell, Matamu, Cybershell, W4cking, Sniper, Predator, Dive, Dx etc…;
- Continuously scans for malware and phishing URLs.
It is wordpress plugin that helps you create contact form with drag and drop interface.The plugin lets you create ‘N’ Number of WordPress forms and in multiple design layouts. The plugin offers two design layouts: 1. Default and 2. Classic layout to choose from.It features Google reCaptcha support, editable email settings, redirect page options after successful submission, editable form validation message etc.
W3 Total Cache
It helps you in improving your website performance.
Some the benefits are:
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings;
- Great improvement in overall site performance;
- Optimized progressive render;
- Reduced page load time;
- Improved web server performance;
- Improved conversion rates;
- Browser caching;
It helps you provide an easy way to display social icons on your website. It also have customization options for the icons such as resizing the icons, square or rounded etc. It also supports drag and drop feature.
EWWW Image Optimizer
It will automatically compress your images as you upload them, convert the images to a file format that will produce the smallest images size and optimize the already uploaded images.
Why should you use this.
- Your pages will load faster because smaller image sizes mean faster page loads;
- Less bandwidth usage due to optimized images which will save you hundreds of KB per image;
- Super fast;
- Best JPG optimization;
- Best PNG optimization;
- Optimize everything with the wp_image_editor class extension.