As per my last Post of Yoast SEO for Beginner’s , Here we are going to discuss the Advance settings of Yoast SEO .
For Advance settings you need to go in SEO Options(General, Search Appearance,Social etc) and enable the options as per the need.
Search Appearance Options
From Search Appearance area, you can automate many of your on-page SEO.
Yoast SEO creates a templates for the SEO titles and meta descriptions for all of your:
- Archive pages
There is wide range of variables availables that you can dynamically insert information including information contained in custom fields.
For example, let’s say you run a coupon website and want to always make sure your post’s title looks like:
Gen X Web Hosting Coupon - Updated In February, 2018
Rather than manually editing the title each month to keep it up to date, you could just use the %%currentmonth%% and %%currentyear%% variables to have Yoast SEO automatically do it for you.
Other things that you can do in this area include:
- Control noindex tags for specific types of content. If you make something noindex, Google won’t index that type of content in the search results. This is powerful so use it carefully. Only change the default settings if you know what you’re doing and the implications.
- Choose whether or not to show a blog post’s published date in the Google search results (Date in Snippet Preview). If you publish evergreen content, you should leave this turned off. But if you publish news or other time-specific content, it’s a good option.
- Control whether or not the Yoast SEO meta box should appear for specific types of content.
Full list of variables can be seen by clicking the Need Help? Button and choosing the Template explanation tab:
In the Social area, you can configure your various social networks Accounts .
Breadcrumbs are a navigational Button that look like :
You can enable them from Search Appearance option in SEO.
Finally, the RSS tab lets you insert extra content before or after your post content in your RSS feed. You can also use some variables to dynamically insert information.
Tools option allows you to access editor, import or export your Yoast SEO settings:
You can also edit your WordPress site’s robots.txt file right from your dashboard.
When clicked on File editor option, Yoast SEO will help you create a robots.txt file
How To Use Yoast SEO In Your Everyday Website Life
After every Post you Publish, you should at least do the fallowing:
- Enter a focus keyword.
- Configure the SEO Title and Meta Description.
- Social settings, especially if you think a specific piece of content has a chance of doing well on social media.
If this Post was help full do like and Share this Post. Thanks.